Th .key file extension is the file extension for the Apple’s Keynote’s application, Apple’s spreadsheet application.
If you are wondering on how to open the .key file extension on Windows, you can make use of the following apps:
This Article Covers:
Using Microsoft PowerPoint to Open .KEY File
Using Microsoft PowerPoint, you can easily open a .KEY file. With this app, you can open a .KEY file, edit it and save it. You can also save it with a PPT or PPTX file extension (PowerPoint’s file extension).
However, some apps that you can use to open .KEY file will not work very effectively. Which means that you can lose some of the formatting and editing that might have been in the .KEY file, once you have opened it with a Window’s application.
Converting .KEY file to PowerPoint .PPT File Format
With Microsoft’s PowerPoint, all you need to do is to open the .KEY file, edit it according to your preferences and then choose the ‘Save As’ option to select the format that you want the file to be saved in.
This is very useful, as you can send the edited presentations to those who don’t have Apple’s computers. In this way, these users can also take advantage of these presentations. For this purpose, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft PowerPoint and click on the icon that is at the top left corner.
- Select ‘Open’ and locate the .KEY file that you want to open.
- Once you have opened it, select the ‘Save As’ option and also select the format that you want to save it in.
If you want to save the .KEY file in PPT format on Mac, follow these steps:
- Open the file and select the ‘Export To’ option. Then select the ‘PowerPoint’ and you are done.
Opening the .KEY file with iCloud
iCloud is Apple’s service for cloud computing and cloud storage. It is very easy to use iCloud to open .KEY on Windows. Follow the steps given below:
- First of all, log in to iCloud.
- Look for the ‘Keynote’ app and open it.
- Click the upload icon at the top.
- Now select the desired .KEY file and upload it.
- Then select the settings icon at the top right corner and select ‘Download a Copy’ option.
- Now select the format for saving this file.
Opening the .KEY file with Libre Office
Libre Office is a free tool with awesome features and simple interface. You can also use LibreOffice to easily open a .KEY file.
- Open LibreOffice and click on ‘File’, then select ‘Open’.
- Locate the .KEY file that you want to open. Now you can also edit this file and save it.
Opening the .KEY file Online
It is also an effective and easier way to open the .KEY file online. For this purpose, Cloud convert lets you achieve this task with ease. You only have to select a .KEY file and it will convert it into a PDF file for you.
Converting .KEY file to ZIP Format
If you want to convert the .KEY file top ZIP format, simply follow these steps:
- Open the folder in which the .KEY file is located.
- Click on the ‘View’ tab at the top of the windows explorer.
- Enable the checkbox that says, ‘File Name Extension’.
- Now right click the .KEY file and type ‘.zip’ in the place of ‘.key’. Save the changes.
These were some of the methods that you can use to open .KEY on Windows. Hopefully, this article serves you well.